Working with artists to create a personal career plan, or “road map”.
One of the most difficult professional challenges for artists is finding a way to market their work and make a career out of their art.
We’ll work right alongside you to set up a clear, concrete personal plan from the earliest stages, like the identification of objectives, to more practical steps, like revising your C.V. and artist statement(s). Techniques for goal achievement – such as time management and social networking strategies – will be covered, along with recommendations for more effective use of marketing and publicity opportunities.
Flexibility is key, as we expect that each individual we work with will be at a different stage in his or her career – not to mention every artist’s work creates its own unique requirements for branding, marketing and selling. For those just embarking, we can help you get a running start by providing a better understanding of basic business concepts, like market demand and consumer behavior, tailored to your needs. For those who want to widen an already blossoming patron base, we’ll help you refine your business plan, presentation strategies, and marketing material, as well as help you to create relevant documents to manage your budget and funding – feasibility studies, market analyses, competitive analyes, SWOT analyses, and more.
All personal career development plans will cover (among many other things) the following elements:
- Creating a working CV/BIO + Personal Information Fact Sheet
- Defining long-term goals and more immediate-term plans
- Providing a SWOT Analysis (based on internal & external Audits)
- Assigning a working marketing and publicity budget
- Developing a marketing & advertising plan, and accompanying schedule
- Developing a publicity plan, and accompanying schedule (including all press releases and pitch letters)
- Recommending more effective publicity and marketing opportunities for the future